Tuesday, September 23, 2008


HELSINGØR, DENMARK. (June 2008). The "Kulturcaféen," an icon of urban decay in North Zealand. Revitalization is on the docket, however, as there are plans to clear the old shipyard buildings in favour of a new theatre, concert hall, and maritime museum. Version of picture available for sale as prints. Original photo properties: Olympus E-410 dSLR, Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm lens at 14mm (28mm, 35mm equivalent), handheld, single autofocus, manual exposure, matrix metering, 1/125s f7.1, ISO 100, 3361 x 2521 pixels (after crop), RAW.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo, much better than mine. I love the subject too. I definitely need to expand on my collection of industrial old building photos:

    http://bp2.blogger.com/_bTaL53zjzGg/SIIYrRoF--I/AAAAAAAAABw/Be9zDsriBiI/s1600-h/IMG_8472.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is a good photo, too - the gloomy sky works well with dilapidated building, I think.

    Yup, I find urban decay photos (and just architecture photos in general) fun and interesting to take; I kind of wish I had better lenses (i.e., more and better-corrected wide angle) to expand on the creative possibilities.

    ReplyDelete